The following is an archive of ordinances and resolutions.
FIRE NUMBER SIGN REIMBURSEMENT
1. Title. Fire Number Reimbursement
2. Purpose. The purpose of this ordinance is to allow the Town of Smelser to be reimbursed for the cost of fire number signs and related materials that are required to post the fire number sign that are not covered under the driveway permitting process. This is for initial fire sign and materials only.
3. Applicability. The requirements of this ordinance shall apply to all persons within the Town of Smelser.
4. Administration. The provisions of this ordinance shall be administered by the Town Board of the Town of Smelser. Town treasurer will forward bill to property owner who will have 30 days to pay bill. If not paid it will be added as a special assessment on the real estate tax roll.
5. This ordinance shall take effect May 1, 2017.
Dated this 13th day of April, 2017.
SNOW REMOVAL ORDINANCE NO. 2-2015
TOWN OF SMELSER
Purpose: The purpose of this ordinance is to ensure that the traveled portion of any public right of way is not impeded by the depositing of snow from private property. This ordinance protects the health, safety and welfare of the citizens of the Town of Smelser.
Authority: This ordinance is enacted to pursuant to ss.82.03, Wis.Stats., which grant the Town the obligation for the care and supervision of all highways under the Town Jurisdiction.
This ordinance establishes the following:
See State Statue 346.94(5) which states that no person may place or cause to be placed upon any highway any substance that is or may be injurious to any vehicle. The penalty is $50 for each offense.
This ordinance shall become effective the date after publication or posting.
Adopted on 12th day of February, 2015 by a majority of the Town Board by a roll call vote.
Pat Klar, chairman Robert Droessler, Supervisor Ken Runde, Supervisor
Attest: Kim Kieler, clerk